Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My 27th Birthday =(

Yup, I am officially on the fast track to 30. We couldn't really celebrate my birthday this year because Clinton has been working nights for the last month because they are in a turnaround at the plant, so he gets home around 7:00am and sleeps until around 2:30pm or so then leaves again at 4:30pm. Needless to say, we haven't had a whole lot of time together recently. On my birthday, he came home with a red velvet cake, a kolache, cookies 'n cream ice cream, and a card. Those are all my favorite things, so I was a happy camper! My friend, Kathryn, sent me a beautiful plant, and the Huberts sent me some beautiful fall flowers. My Aunt Linda sent me some cute PJs, and Haley and Jason got me a Bump It (I know, I know) and a table from Ikea. My mom got me some new dishes and some Yellow Box shoes, and the McDougals and my grandma both sent me really nice cards and gift. Later in the week, my girlfriends took me out to Chili's and gave me a beautiful cross, a nice book, and a really cute water bottle with my name on it. I normally wouldn't put all of this in here, but I thought it was really special that everyone was so thoughtful. I had a great birthday this year!! It was so nice that everyone thought of me on my birthday. It really meant a lot, especially since it has been really tough around here lately. It is very hard to stay home when your husband is working nights. It is like being a single parent without a job. I don't think the turnarounds have affected me like this before because I was working so I had a break every day. I am glad that it is only a month, though. As of last night, it is officially OVER!!! Clinton is sleeping right now (it's 10:08am) and when he wakes up he will be back on regular people time as far as his sleep schedule goes. Yay!







0 comments: