On Wednesday, January 13, 2010, we welcomed the newest member of our family.....Scarlett Reece Mitschke! Haley was induced that morning around 5:00am. They broke her water around 7:00am and her contractions started hurting pretty badly at that point. When I got to the hospital around 9:30, she was getting her epidural. I was glad I got there then, because I heard she was (understandably) a lot of fun to be around before that! I do have to give her credit, though, because she spent the morning apologizing to everyone for being grumpy. She had been progressing pretty slowly throughout the morning, so when they checked her at 2:00pm and said she was ready to push we were all shocked! She started pushing a little after 2:00 and Scarlett was born at 3:19pm. She was 7lbs 11oz, and 18.5 inches long.
A few last pictures before the big event...
Waiting for Scarlett to arrive
Haley holding her baby for the first time...
Tanner had a great time looking through the nursery window at Scarlett that night.
Sofi seeing her sister for the first time...
This was right after the nurses gave her a bath. She was soooooo mad at them, and she used so much energy screaming that she fell right asleep when they were done.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
The Big Day
Posted by McDougal at 1:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment