Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Well, we have been very very busy lately! I have officially quit my job. Today is my last day of a full work week (well, sort of) and next week I will start working only on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the month of December. That way, I won't leave them without anyone while they try to find someone else. Starting in January, though, no more Chamber of Commerce!!! I will be so glad! I am really looking forward to spending more time with Tanner. She is at such a fun age, and we are going to get to do a lot together. I am really looking forward to playing in the yard, going for walks, going to storytime at the library on Wednesdays, and all of the other fun things that we will get to do. I know a lot more stay-at-home moms now, too, so I'm sure we will be having lots of playdates! Tanner is hilarious these days! Her new favorite word is "Hi!". She says this and waves to everyone wherever we go. It is really funny to watch people react, too. She got the second half of her flu shot yesterday, and it didn't phase her at all. She watched the needle go in and everything, and she didn't cry a bit. She is such a talker. We were at Target yesterday getting Bobby some cat food, and when she saw the kitty on the package she said "tatdo!" This means cat-dog to those of you who don't speak Tanner. Everything is some kind of dog. It is really funny. After that, though, I told her that the cat looked like Bobby, and she said "Baba". I was very impressed. She loves to play chase right now with her Daddy, and she really really really loves to give kisses. She started blowing kisses yesterday. Everytime she sees Sofi, she immediately wants to give her a kiss. She goes "mmmm" in preparation when Sofi comes into the room.

On a different note, we are heading to Lake Jackson this evening to see the McDougals for Thanksgiving. We are sooo excited, and can't wait to see everyone. We have been telling Tanner all week that she will get to see her Gammie and Mac this week. It is going to be so much fun! We also get to see Erin and Claire! Claire looks like she has already changed since the last time that I saw her, which is crazy! I can't wait to see her, though, and I can't wait for Tanner to either. It will be fun to watch them interact, now that Claire is getting so interactive!

Haley and Jason had a baby shower this weekend, and they really got a lot of good stuff. We had a great time, and I think that they did too. We played Name That Tune, the baby version (where all of the songs have "baby") in them, and Tanner danced in the middle of the room to all of them. She is such a dancer! She dances to almost every song that she hears. I would like to post some pictures, but for some reason Blogger is not letting me do it the way that I normally do. I will post them as soon as I figure this out!

1 comments:

Tawny Hurst said...

Okay- I have a lot to learn but here I am! Love you blog- so much more fancy than mine! Love all the pics too! See you tonight!