My mom and Aunt Linda came in one weekend to help me tackle a major project - the playroom. This playroom has been a disaster since we first repurposed the office. We had no organization, and toys were just thrown everywhere. It was really dark, and not at all conducive to child's play. While we worked, Clinton took Tanner to the zoo so that she wouldn't be bored to death and we could concentrate solely on the task at hand. My aunt helped me reupholster an ottoman that my mom gave me and it turned out great! My mom painted the walls yellow and the ceiling blue. We also painted a cradle that my mom brought from when we were little. There is a high chair that matches that I will be painting soon. It is not quite finished, but I have added a sneak preview to this post. I will post pictures of the final product once it's done. The reason it is not done yet is because I am painting stripes on one wall and the texture is so heavy on our walls that I can't tape because it will bleed. I am having to do them all by hand, and it is taking FOREVER! I do a little every day, and I am nearing the end but it has definitely been a process.
I got to sew almost all of the skirt for the ottoman. Aunt Linda let me sew on her machine and she told me that I am the only other person that has ever done so! I felt very privileged.


1 comments:
i love the bottom picture of her! she looks so grown up.
Post a Comment