Friday, August 28, 2009

Our 5th Anniversary!

We just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on August 7th, 2009. It has been 5 years of wedded bliss and our lives have only gotten better. It is hard to believe that 5 years have gone by. Clinton's parents happened to be in Wimberley that weekend, which is about an hour and a half away, so they offered to watch Tanner for us for a couple of days. It was really strange to be in the house without Tanner there. Clinton and I got to go out to eat two night in a row, which is HUGE! We even got to go to the movies. The night of our actual anniversary, we went to eat at a place on the north side of San Antonio called Fralo's. They serve Italian food Texas style, meaning that it is served outdoors on wooden picnic tables. It is also BYOB, so we picked out a nice bottle of wine and brought it along. The food was awesome, and the musician they had that night was really good too. The music he played sounded like something that they would play on Grey's Anatomy. It was really nice. Afterward, we went to the movies to see "500 Days of Summer". I would say that it was definitely rentable, but I wouldn't go see it in the theater. The movie theater we went to was really nice, though. The upstairs portion of the theater was 18 and up, so it was nice not to have a bunch of teenagers texting or anything during the movie. Believe it or not, this was the first movie we have seen in the theater in two years! I was pregnant the last time we went to the movies. Clinton asked me what I wanted to do for our anniversary and that was my answer, "I want to go to the movies". I think he thought I would want to do something more elaborate, so I'm sure he was pleasantly surprised!

The morning after our anniversary, we went to Wimberley to pick up T and we went to a replica of an old west town. There was a neat museum with a lot of Texas relics. We then ate lunch at a place that had amazing BBQ called Salt Lick. The pit in the restaurant was gigantic! We headed home after that. It was a good weekend.

This was something they had in the old west town.

This was a giant jackelope that you could sit on in the museum.

At Fralo's
The musician at Fralo's

0 comments: