Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Cowboy Homecoming Weekend

Cowboy Homecoming was the weekend of August 13th, and Clinton's parents came in to help us watch Tanner so that we could take part in some of the festivities. Cowboy Homecoming is Pleasanton's big festival every year and we were really excited to go. That Friday night, we went to the dance to see Eli Young Band with some friends. We got to dance and hang out and it was fun. The next morning Clinton, Randy, and I got up to go to the park for the Cowboy Gallop. It is the 5k race that they have every year. I met my friends Cassie, Amy, and Brooke for the run. Clinton and Randy walked to several different points along the route to cheer me on. It was really nice to see friendly faces along the way. It was really hot, but I kept a pretty good pace so I was excited about that. I am currently training for a half marathon in November and it is always encouraging to accomplish distances at a decent pace. After the race, we went home to get Tanner and Cindy and headed for the parade. We met Tawny and Paxton and the kids on Main street and they had a good time looking at all of the floats. The parade lasted a really long time, and it was really hot. Tanner was really scared of the fire trucks but she loved seeing all of the animals and kids riding on floats. All of the beauty queens from the surrounding town festivals had floats in the parade and Tanner liked looking at all of their sparkly dresses.


The scary fire truck


"Horsey!"






Tawny and Tanner




They were bored waiting for the parade to start

Tanner, Channing, and Jaxson


Cindy does breathing treatments and Tanner likes to do them too! Not really, but pretending is fun!

0 comments: